Oh my goodness, I tried a new dessert when we had company and it was amazing. I seriously might say that it is my favorite dessert of all time. Everyone gobbled it up, so I know it was well-liked. Just thought I would share.
Makes: 24 bars
Prep: 25 min
14 whole graham cracker boards (crushed about 2 1/4 cups)
3 Tablespoons sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
6 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped (I used Ghirardelli)
3/4 cup unsalted butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 jar (7.5 ounces) marshmallow cream
2 tablespoons milk
1 cup mini chocolate kisses
3 Graham cracker boards , broken up
1. Heat over to 350.
2. Crust: In a small bowl, combine the graham crackers crumbs, sugar, salt and melted butter until evenly moistened. Transfer the crumb mixture to a 13x9 baking pan; press crumb mixture evenly over the bottom and up sides of pan. Refrigerate until chilled and set.
3. Brownie: Combine the bittersweet chocolate and butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave chocolate mixture 1 minute. Stir the chocolate mixture until smooth. If necessary, microwave another 15 seconds to melt.
4. IN a large bowl, beat together the eggs and sugar on medium-high speed until well blended. Reduce the speed to medium and gradually add the melted chocolate mixture; beat until smooth.
5. Stir the flour and salt into the egg mixture; stir in vanilla until smooth. Scrape the brownie mixture into the crust-lined baking pan; smooth the top level.
6. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes (I did 27 min) or until toothpick inserted in center tests clean.
7. Topping: Meanwhile, whisk together the marshmallow cream and the milk until well blended and smooth.
8. Pour the marshmallow topping over the brownie layer. Tilt the pan to spread. Sprinkle with mini chocolate kisses and broken up Graham cracker crumbs. Serve.