Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Greyson's 1st Chiefs Game 10/31/10

I was so excited to go to the Chiefs game this year, but also a little worried. I couldn't help but wonder how Greyson would do. Luke and I went back and forth as to whether to take him or not. I finally just said that we should take him. I went online and found noise deafening earmuffs. We bought them and were surprised that they fit. We tried on his outfit that Grandpa and Nana bought him. It was a little bit big but fit, so we were ready to go.

The trip there was uneventful. We made sure we got there extra early so that we could feed Greyson in the car. He still fits in the baby Bjorn so Luke carried him in with that. I'm glad Luke was carrying him because we had a trip up into the stadium. We were in the nose bleeds and I'm mean really in them. I think we were 5 rows from the top.

Chiefs vs. Bills. Game starts. Of course, we have the loudest guy within 20 seats be right behind us. He starts yelling and scares Greyson to death. Greyson starts crying. Luke looks at me and I can just read his mind. He is wondering what we got ourself in to. We pacify Greyson for the first quarter and then realize that he is not going to make it through the second quarter. Fat tears roll down his face.

We trek down the Stadium. I think we do this at least three times. We probably watched half the game from the monitors by the food and half the game from the seats. The game went into overtime and at that point we moved to some open seats by the entrance. No one around us was screaming at the top of their lungs. Surprise, surprise, Greyson did just fine at the new seats.

Chiefs won!

Overall, we had a fun time. I told Dad that it is now a tradition. I want Greyson to be able to say that he has gone to Chiefs games with his Grandpa ever since he was born.











1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you guys had fun.... I have to admit, I thought you were a little crazy there at first! :) What a great memory for your dad!

    ReplyDelete