Saturday, July 16, 2011

Mexico







Well, we had to come home. We were able to spend six glorious days at the Tides in Zihuatanejo, Mexico for our 5 Year Anniversary and we loved every minute.

We arrived in Mexico and had pre-arranged car transport to the resort. We weren't sure how "safe" we would feel getting a taxi so we decided to just have the transport there and waiting. Once we claimed our bags, our driver was waiting right there with a sign welcoming us.

We arrive at the resort and as soon as we get out of the car a worker is there to take our bags to our room. No check-in neccesary. We are given a short tour around the resort and end in our room with a welcome drink. The.best.welcome.drink.ever! It was so good we ordered it again when we ordered room service.

Welcome drink.

Now, the room part. Can we just say it was the most perfect room that I've ever seen. Totally gorgeous. Two sitting areas inside, a king bed, sitting area outside - with a double lounger, hammock and table and chairs - huge walk-in showers, separate toilet area and a PRIVATE PLUNGE POOL. Loved it!


New floral arrangements on the pillows every day.

View from the bed.

Where I had coffee every morning.

View of the room from the pool.

Swimming in our plunge pool.



We pretty much alternated our days between hanging out on our patio, going to the pool (right below us) and laying on the beach (right in front of us). Well, and then we would eat and eat again.



Playing with our underwater camera.

Monday, we went surfing. The waves were at least six feet high. Crazy...scary...fun. I scraped up my leg (still hoping I don't scar) from my thigh to my ankle. I bled and was a bit scared that I would attract sharks. Seriously. lol. Luke did great at surfing and I have to say that I did pretty well myself. Compared to the East Coast, getting up on the surfboard was simple. I didn't even have to paddle much.







Tuesday, we swam with dolphins. We both had a really good time doing this. At the end, two dolphins came behind us and used their noses to push us to a standing position and then pushed us around the pool like that. It was amazing.



Wednesday, we rented a boogie board and I got a massage. It was a pretty relaxing day.

Boogie Boarding.





Thursday, we walked the beach and hungout at the pool before we left.



No comments:

Post a Comment