I love love love these pork pitas. Very yummy and very easy = my favorite combo. The dip was good as well, but I would probably choose to do guacamole over this. We made the chips, but I wouldn't recommend them. They were a bit time consuming and not good enough to repeat.
Pork and Cucumber Pita
Courtesy of Sweet Basil
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Kosher salt
- 2 Kirby cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 red or green jalapeno, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 4 pitas, halved
- In a medium bowl, combine the vinegar, sugar, and ¼ teaspoon salt, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Add the cucumbers and jalapeño and let sit, tossing occasionally, for at least 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the pork, breaking up with a spoon until no longer pink, 5 to 6 minutes. Stir in the hoisin, ginger, and 2 tablespoons water.
- Fill the pita halves with the pork and cucumber salad.
You can find the Avocado Ranch Dip and Homemade Potato chips here if interested.