Wednesday, August 15, 2012
Black Bean Soup
This soup is so easy and delicious. I think I made it twice last week. =)
Black Bean Soup - Adapted from Healthy Recipes
1 T olive oil
1/4 onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic
1 jalapeño (I used 3/4 without seeds)
1/2 tsp cumin
1 can black beans
2 C chicken stock
lime juice, to taste (I used 1 whole lime)
1/4 C Sour cream
2 T chopped cilantro
1. Heat a large pot over medium heat.
2. Add oil, heat. Add onion, cook for about 2-3 min.
3. Add garlic, jalapeño and cumin and cook for about 1 min.
4. Add beans, chicken stock and sour cream. Bring to a simmer.
5. Simmer for 5 min and then use an immersion blender.
6. Puree the soup. Season with salt, pepper and lime juice. Top with cilantro. Serve!
Posted by Ashley at 6:00 AM