Saturday, March 2, 2013

February Reading : Completed

I finished eight books this month. A few of them I really enjoyed. Here they are...


 Malika (who the book is about), was almost like a daughter to the king of Morocco. Her father was executed in 1972 for attempting to assassinate the king. For the next two decades, Malika and her family are imprisoned. This is the story of her life. I found this book captivating. Her story and outcome are just unbelievable. 


I picked this book up at the Goodwill for less than a dollar. It was ok, but not great. I think it went in to way more detail than I'm interested in. Maybe, I'm not stylish enough and that's the problem. lol.


I started this book before Christmas and I just now finished. It took me forever. I loved learning more about the Secret Service and I found most of it super interesting. It's written like a textbook and is super dry. Overall, I enjoyed it, but it was a hard read. 


I follow their blog and love how they DIY everything in their home. The book was fun and very much them. I took a few ideas and will work on them around the house. Overall, I really liked the book and I'm glad I bought it.


This book was about Greg Mortenson and his life passion of building schools (especially for girls) in the Pakistan and Afghanistan. I found this book extremely interesting and I really enjoyed every bit of it.

This book has lots of travel tips and is a super easy read. I enjoyed it and I bookmarked quite a few things for future reference.

I read two historical romances and listed them below. Neither one was particularly good. 


Year to Date:

1. The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin
2. All But My Life by Gerda Weissmann Klein
3. Nurture Shock by Po Bronson and Ashley Merryman
4. An Unlikely Countess by Jo Beverly
5. One Man's Love by Karen Ranney
6. Stolen Lives Twenty Years in a Desert Jail  by Malika Oufkir and Michele Fitoussi
7. What to Wear for the Rest of your Life by Kim Johnson Gross
8. The Secret Service The Hidden History of an Enigmatic Agency by Philip H. Melanson and Peter Stevens
9. Young House Love by Sherry & John Petersik
10. Three Cups of Tea  by Greg Mortenson and David Oliver Relin
11. The Smart Traveler's Passport  by Nina Willdorf and the readers of Budget Travel
12. Say You Love Me by Johanna Lindsey
13. Savage Hope by Cassie Edwards

*All photos from Barnes and Noble.

No comments:

Post a Comment