Tuesday, January 11, 2011

2010-2011

I wrapped up my first year of blogging. Stacey, thank you for introducing me to it. I have to say I really enjoyed getting a journal online. I looked back at all the posts the other day and I forgot some of the things that I had posted. I do want to make some changes going forward although. I kind of feel like my blog is all over the place. It has Greyson updates and pictures, cooking trials, bargain shopping, photography, etc. But, you know what? I kind of like that it is just a hodgepodge (sp?) of stuff. I don’t think I’m going to have anyone contact me about putting ads on my page for having lots of followers, but that’s not why I’m doing this. I like the idea of being able to look back on this in a few years and see what was going on. I like having a journal to accompany the pictures incase I forget why a certain picture was taken.

Throughout the year, I posted my coupon craziness. I am here to report about that the goal I made for myself last July about not buying shampoo, conditioner, body wash, etc., for the whole year. Did I make it? Almost! I still have all of the above, but I did give in and buy 1 bottle of Caress Evenly Gorgeous Burnt Sugar Body Wash. I love that stuff. I got tired (about a month ago) of using bar soap and just couldn’t resist. Still, I think I saved about $65 from just using samples and I still have more samples to use. I’m going to continue this trend throughout 2011.

I didn’t do as well as I wanted to in clipping coupons. Once the Thanksgiving and Christmas rush hit, I kind of forgot about doing it. Well, forgot isn’t really the word. I didn’t want to do it. It saves so much money, so I’m proud to say that as of 01/01 I am back on track. I already got some really good deals. =)

Last year, I mainly posted monthly updates on Greyson. I did this partly because we were taking his picture with the elephant once a month for his baby book. Going forward, I’m going to try doing shorter posts about what is going on day to day with him.

Anyways, thanks for following all of my randomness and you can expect to see me throughout the year.

Love you all!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you started your blog too! And I like that it's about something different all the time, cause it's always about what you're doing. It helps me keep up with your life even when you live so far away!! I also love hearing about what Greyson is doing!!!!

    ReplyDelete