Monday, February 28, 2011

Rosette Headbands

I've had my eye on a few different really cute headbands on Etsy. I needed (or wanted) to add them to my photography prop stash. I just couldn't make myself spend $10 on one headband to use a few times a year for pictures. Well, I finally found an Etsy seller that would just make the flowers. I had her do a custom order and received the flowers last week. The quality of her flowers are awesome. She stitched each row in every flower. Anyways, I spent $8 on four flowers. I spent another $1.36 on elastic. Grand total $9.36 for four headbands.

I used my hot glue gun to glue the elastic to the flowers. I did end up making one for myself. I'm still in love with all mustard colored products this year.




I had a feather flower that I took apart to add to this one. I think it turned out cute.
I decided to try to make one myself. I used some fabric scraps I had on hand. I didn't hand sew the flower so the quality isn't near as good. I used my hot glue gun to make the flower and then I attached it to a fabric base before gluing the elastic on.
I can't wait to try these for a newborn shoot.

1 comment: